Last Updated: May 20th
SANDEMANs IS BACK!
Following government guidelines from the cities we call home, we are delighted to be gradually opening our red umbrellas back up!
The SANDEMANs NEW Europe story started in Berlin in 2003, so it’s only fitting that the German capital is our first city to open back up, with a limited schedule resuming on May 29th 2020, and more tours to be reintroduced in the coming weeks. We also look forward to welcoming back Hamburg and Munich on June 5th 2020.
We’ll be gradually opening up the rest of our cities over the coming weeks, so check back here for the most up-to-date information.
NEW HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
At SANDEMANs, our mission has always been to help people discover some of the world’s best cities with fantastic local guides. However, while we are passionate about our mission, the safety, health and wellbeing of our staff, guide partners and valued guests will always be our principal concern.
That’s why we are introducing new measures for all tours and activities promoted by SANDEMANs. These measures include:
- Hand sanitizer will be available at all meeting points and break locations
- Breaks will be shortened, with a limitation on how many guests can go inside each break location at any given time
- Guide partners will wear gloves and masks when required
- Smaller groups will allow us to ensure appropriate social distance between guests can be maintained
- Shorter tours of approximately 2 hours will be introduced
- Guides and staff may also give additional, region-specific guidelines during their welcome speeches
THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT
This is a difficult time for all of us in the tourism industry, which is why we have also introduced a few new products while we are unable to operate at full schedule. This includes the sale of SANDEMANs vouchers, with €15 vouchers selling for only €10, and the SANDEMANs SuperFan pass, giving the holder access to all of our paid tours until the end of 2021. For those missing the incredible guides we work with, many guides are also giving short talks from their living rooms, with an option for viewers to make donations via PayPal.
We are really looking forward to seeing you, and to once more welcoming people to be informed, entertained and inspired by the amazing local guides we work with. We’d also like to take this opportunity to once again thank the local health authorities who have been working tirelessly throughout this incredibly tough time. Our thoughts remain with all those affected by this illness.