ABOUT THE Vienna by Night Free Walking Tour
This tour is operated by our partner Prime Tours Vienna.
On this 2-hour free tour you’ll join your qualified local guide to admire the beauty of Vienna’s stunning streetscape, illuminated spectacularly at nighttime! See all the main sights from an enchantingly different perspective, showing old-world Vienna at its romantic best.
The Free Walking Tour: Vienna by Night starts at Helmut Zilk-Platz and ends near St Stephen’s cathedral.
Vienna’s beautiful buildings are shown at their absolute best when lit up during the quieter evening hours. Wander through the romantic streets with your guide and see iconic sights like the State Opera, home to some of the most glamorous balls and concerts in Europe. Stroll past the Albertina and Hofburg palace and learn about these icons of the Habsburg dynasty in Vienna. Admire the elegance of St Stephen’s Cathedral, its famously colourful tiled roof looking even more radiant in the evening light.
Enjoy Vienna’s sights and stories in the romantic evening atmosphere with your expert guide and take in everything the city has to offer at a more relaxed pace, before finding a cosy place to enjoy a glass of crisp Austrian wine and a classic Wiener Schnitzel!
Discover the top sites in Vienna with these tours offered by our partners, Prime Tours Vienna. While you may not see the famous SANDEMANs red umbrellas (look instead for the yellow Prime Tours umbrellas), we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities. We are proud to partner with Prime Tours Vienna and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do!Read more
The Vienna by Night Free Walking Tour starts at Helmut Zilk-Platz and ends near St Stephen’s cathedral.
- Admire Vienna’s historic buildings, illuminated beautifully by night
- Stroll past the world-famous State Opera and hear about famous performances and events
- Wander through the lit-up courtyards of the Hofburg palace and learn about the glittering days of the Habsburg Empire
- Marvel at the Baroque facade of the National Library, home to Austria’s national collection of over 12 million books and artefacts
- Enjoy the evening atmosphere of one of Europe’s most romantic cities
Prime Tours is our vetted partner in Vienna - AustriaRead more
- Local English-speaking licenced guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner Prime Tours Vienna. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour starts
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Vienna are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with Prime Tours Vienna and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world
WALKING TOURS & ACTIVITIES IN VIENNA
Free Walking Tour: Vienna 1900
Discover Vienna’s heyday of art and intellectual life during the first half of the 20th century on ...
Free Tour of Vienna
Explore Vienna Old Town on this 2-hour free walking tour