ABOUT THE Dark Side Tour of Hong Kong
This tour is operated by our partner Hong Kong Free Tours.
Uncover the naked truth behind the glittering facade of Hong Kong on our Kowloon tour, an unique experience brings you face to face with the concealed stories of this vibrant metropolis.
While Hong Kong is known as a thriving international finance center, visitors are often only shown the bright side of the city, with popular attractions like The Peak, Victoria Harbour, and Big Buddha taking center stage. But what about the 1.5 million people living in poverty, making Hong Kong one of the most unequal places on earth?
Tours in Hong Kong are offered by our partners, Hong Kong Free Tours. While you may not see the trademark SANDEMANs red umbrellas (look instead for the Hong Kong Free Tours yellow shirts or jackets), we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities. We are proud to partner with Citywalkers and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do!Read more
The Free Tour of Hong Kong starts Outside Mong Kok MTR Station Exit B3 (**NOT Mong Kok EAST Station**). Look out for the yellow t-shirts / jackets of your Hong Kong Free Tours local guides.
- Goldfish Market: How the cost of rent on this district becoming so high for public to afford.
- Flower Market: Under all the major industries include finance and trading, how and why does flower market still exists?
- Bird Market: Bird flu is a concern in Hong Kong for its impact on public health. What’s the future of this traditional market and what are the measures to prevent the spread of the disease.
- Boundary Street Sports Centre: Hong Kong has one of the least affordable housing markets in the world. Is it a unsolveable issue under the high property prices and limited available space?
- Portland Street: From tenement houses to skyscrapers, how Hong Kong maintain it’s significant low tax rate by land sale?
- Cedar Street: Visiting a subdivided unit in Prince Edward, offer a glimpse into the reality of the city’s housing crisis.
- ... And much more
Hong Kong Free Tours is our vetted partner in Hong KongRead more
- Local English-speaking guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner Hong Kong Free Tours. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Hong Kong are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with Hong Kong Free Tours and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world