ABOUT THE Free Tour of Córdoba
This tour is operated by our partner Free Tour Cultural Córdoba.
On this 2-hour free tour you’ll discover one of the largest historical city centres in Europe also declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. Thanks to the local guides at Free Tour Cultural Córdoba you'll see important sites like the Mosque-Cathedral of Córdoba, the Judería de Córdoba (Jewish Quarter), some of the most emblematic streets of the city such as Calleja de las Flores, and much more! Immerse yourself in this enchanting city with over 2,000 years of history!
The Córdoba Free Tour starts at Plaza del Triunfo, next to Puerta del Puente, and finishes in Plaza de la Corredera, the perfect spot for a post-tour beverage and some tapas.
One of the most exciting cities in Andalusia
Córdoba is a city with an impressive historical legacy, and for many it is known as the city of 4 cultures. Romans, Arabs, Jews, Christians… they all left their footprint in its current way of life. During this free tour you’ll get to know what’s the day-to-day life like in this beautiful Andalusian city, and its peculiar, happy and relaxed lifestyle.
A city of fascinating historical figures
While the guide takes you on a journey through the main places of interest in Córdoba, you will hear about some of the most renowned and captivating characters in the history of the city, such as Emir Abderramán III, who proclaimed himself calif and helped the city reach its peak of importance in the 10th century. You’ll also learn about Seneca, Miguel de Cervantes, Góngora, Julio Romero de Torres and many more!
Tours in Córdoba are offered by our partners, Free Tour Cultural Córdoba. While you may not see the trademark SANDEMANs red umbrellas (look instead for the Free Tour Cultural Córdoba umbrellas), we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities. We are proud to partner with Free Tour Cultural Córdoba and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do!Read more
The Córdoba Free Tour starts at Plaza del Triunfo, next to Puerta del Puente
- Visit the Roman Bridge, which crosses imposingly over the Guadalquivir River
- See Torre de la Calahorra, a fortified gate in the historic centre of Córdoba
- Discover Puerta del Puente, the Renaissance gate that gave entry to old Córdoba
- Admire the Triumph of Saint Raphael the Archangel
- Marvel at the Mosque-Cathedral
- Stroll through the “callejas” of the old city, including the famous Calleja de las Flores
- Take a selfie at the altar of the Virgin of the Lanterns, the work of Julio Romero de Torres
- Explore the narrow and winding streets of the historic center
- See Plaza del Potro and its famous inn, a symbol of medieval Córdoba
- Discover Plaza de la Corredera and the incredible mysteries that surround it
This tour doesn‘t run today
- Local English-speaking guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner Free Tour Cultural Córdoba. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before the tour starts
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Córdoba are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with Free Tour Cultural Córdoba and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world