ABOUT THE Santiago de Compostela Old Town Free Tour
This tour is operated by our partner Walkin Eatin Galicia.
Join a local guide on this 2-hour free walking tour and discover all the important sights and hidden gems of Santiago de Compostela’s Old Town. See the magnificent cathedral, explore the charming streets and squares of the monumental centre and learn about the Camino de Santiago and the city’s history whilst immersing yourself in the culture of the Galician capital.
The Santiago de Compostela Old Town Free Tour starts at Plaza del Obradoiro.
Explore the UNESCO-listed Old Town of Santiago de Compostela
Meet your guide in the heart of the historic centre and embark on a journey through time that will take you to the old town’s main landmarks.
Visit the emblematic squares that surround the cathedral: Plaza del Obradoiro, Plaza de la Azabachería, Plaza de la Quintana and Plaza de las Platerías, and see the majestic cathedral from different angles. Stroll through the main streets, charming corners and squares of the historic centre with your licensed guide and learn about the legendary Camino de Santiago, the city’s rich history and much more.
Explore the Mercado de Abastos area and the beautiful Parque da Alameda and immerse yourself in the local culture. Get the perfect introduction of the Galician capital on this 2-hour free walking tour packed with anecdotes and interesting stories!
Tours in Santiago de Compostela are offered by our partners, Walkin Eatin Galicia. While you may not see the trademark SANDEMANs red umbrellas (look instead for the blue Walkin Eatin Galicia umbrellas), we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities. We are proud to partner with Walkin Eatin Galicia and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do!Read more
The Santiago de Compostela Old Town Free Tour starts at Plaza del Obradoiro. Remember to look for the Walkin Eatin Galicia blue umbrellas!
- Explore the UNESCO-listed historic centre of Santiago de Compostela and see all its main attractions, including the cathedral, Plaza del Obradoiro, Mercado de Abastos and Parque da Alameda
- Get a complete overview of the Galician capital and learn about its history, hear about its legends and discover some fun anecdotes along the way
- Immerse yourself in Santiago de Compostela’s culture and traditions with an expert local guide
Walkin Eatin Galicia is our vetted partner in Santiago de Compostela - SpainRead more
- Local English-speaking guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner Walkin Eatin Galicia. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Santiago de Compostela are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with Walkin Eatin Galicia and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world