ABOUT THE Free Tour of Lima
This tour is operated by our partner Inkan Milky Way Tours.
Embark on an enriching journey through the fascinating history of Lima with our captivating free walking tour, conducted in English. Our team of 100% licensed, expert, and local Tour Guides will lead you through the historic center, once the capital of the viceroyalty of Peru. Lima, known as the "City of the Kings" and the gastronomic capital of South America, beckons you to uncover its hidden gems – secure your spot on our free tour today to delve deeper into the heart of this unmissable city.
As you traverse Lima's historic center with our knowledgeable local Guides, you'll witness a tapestry of architectural wonders, including churches, palaces, balconies, and colonial streets. Each step is a journey into the past, providing insights into the rich history and cultural significance behind every iconic site. Our walking tours are thoughtfully designed to offer a unique and immersive experience that goes beyond the surface, providing a comprehensive understanding of Lima's captivating heritage.
Wondering why we choose to pick up tourists from Miraflores? For the convenience of our guests staying in Miraflores, we have a designated pick-up point. By joining us there, you not only save on transportation costs but also get the chance to enjoy a seamless journey to the Lima historic center using public transportation, saving you nearly 50 Soles in taxi fare – approximately 20 USD. For those not near our Miraflores meeting point, simply meet us directly in front of La Merced Church in the historic center of Lima – the starting point for an immersive walking tour experience.
Join us on this extended exploration of Lima's history, where each step reveals a new chapter, and every corner holds a story waiting to be discovered. Book your spot now and let us guide you through the rich tapestry of Lima's past!
Tours in Lima are offered by our partners, Inkan Milky Way. While you may not see the trademark SANDEMANs red umbrellas, we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.Read more
The tours starts right outside La Merced church on the Jirón de La Unión street
- Stroll down Jiron de la Union street, renowned as the most famous colonial and republican street in Lima.
- Explore the exterior of Bernardo O’Higgins house during your historical journey.
- Step into history at Eugene Courret’s photographic studio, the first photography studio in Peru.
- Admire the architecture with an exterior visit to the Post and Telegraph building.
- Opt for an exterior visit to the historic Osambela house, soaking in its architectural charm.
- Enter the Santo Domingo Church and explore the interior of the main nave.
- Center your visit at Plaza de Armas, the bustling heart of Lima.
- Capture the grandeur with an exterior visit to The Presidential Palace.
- Marvel at the intricate design of The Cathedral during an exterior visit.
- Witness the architectural beauty of City Hall Palace with an exterior visit.
- Discover the significance of the water fountain of the colonial period, known as kilometer zero.
- Experience the charm of the oldest and most traditional bar, founded on January 13, 1905.
- Immerse yourself in literature at the House of Peruvian Literature with an interior visit.
- Savor a quick tasting of Peru’s national drink, adding a flavorful touch to your tour.
- Wander through the Colonial city wall Park, relishing the historical ambiance.
- Appreciate the grandeur of the Church of San Francisco with an exterior visit.
- ... And much more
Inkan Milky Way is our vetted partner in PeruRead more
- Local English-speaking guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner Inkan Milky Way. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Lima are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with Inkan Mily Way and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world