ABOUT THE Free Tour of Cologne
This tour is operated by our partner The Walkings Tours.
Join this 2-hour free walking tour and discover the must-see sights of Cologne with an experienced tour guide. See the UNESCO-listed Cologne Cathedral, the City Hall (Kölner Rathaus), the former headquarters of the Cologne Gestapo and much more, whilst learning about the city’s 2,000 years of history and its most fascinating secrets.
The Free Tour of Cologne starts right outside Cologne Central Station (Köln Hauptbahnhof). Look for the white and green umbrellas!
Get a complete overview of Cologne with an expert guide
Meet your guide by the cathedral stairs, outside Cologne Central Station, and start this 2-hour free tour by admiring the magnificent Cologne Cathedral, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1996. Carry on the tour by walking to the Heinzelmännchenbrunnen fountain and learning about the local fairy tale in which it is based before seeing the historic City Hall (Kölner Rathaus). Wander the quaint streets of the old town, see other significant historical sights, such as EL-DE Haus, a Nazi-victim memorial centre in a former Gestapo headquarters, and learn about Nazi Germany and the rich history of the city.
Uncover Cologne’s best-kept secrets, discover the city’s hidden spots and get the perfect introduction to the fourth largest city in Germany with this free walking tour packed with anecdotes and interesting stories!
Tours in Cologne are offered by our partners, The Walkings Tours. While you may not see the trademark SANDEMANs red umbrellas (look instead for the white and green umbrellas of The Walkings Tours), we only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities. We are proud to partner with The Walkings Tours and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do!Read more
The Cologne Free Tour starts by the Cologne Cathedral stairs, right outside Cologne Central Station (Köln Hauptbahnhof)
- Explore Cologne’s main historical sights and hidden spots, including the UNESCO-listed Cologne Cathedral and the City Hall (Kölner Rathaus)
- Get a complete overview of the city and learn about its history, legends and fairy tales
- Immerse yourself in Cologne’s culture and traditions with an expert local guide
The Walkings Tours is our vetted partner in Cologne - GermanyRead more
- Local English-speaking guide
- Gratuities for the guide (optional)
- This activity is operated by our partner The Walkings. This experience is not provided by SANDEMANs, but has been chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
What is the SANDEMANs Partner Network?
Tours in Cologne are offered by a partner, not SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
We only work with partners we know, trust, and who have been vetted by us to ensure they meet the same standards you are used to enjoying in SANDEMANs’ own cities.
We are proud to partner with The Walkings and are sure you’ll love their tours as much as we do.
Book a tour with one of our partners
- SANDEMANs only works with partners that meet the same quality standards than us
- Tours are chosen by our specialists from an array of offers based on their quality and value
- We connect the best local guides with travelers from all around the world