ABOUT THE Day Trip to Bruges
This 7-hour day trip to Bruges will take you to all the top attractions in the ancient city centre, such as the Saint Salvador Cathedral, the famous Belfry and Grote Markt. See all the places that gave Bruges its UNESCO World Heritage status, as well as the hidden gems that make it dear to its locals.
Your tour to Bruges starts from Brussels, in front of the tower of City Hall on Grand Place/Grote Markt.
Explore Bruges' unmissable sights with a local guide
Bruges is one of the best-preserved and most beautiful medieval cities in all of Europe. Just a one-hour train ride from Brussels, it’s become an absolute must on every traveler’s Belgian to-do list. Quaint and romantic, its canals and cobblestone streets are a picture of life as it was centuries ago. This day tour to the city will take you through the ancient city center to all the places that make Bruges famous, as well as the lesser-known sites.
Learn about Bruges' history and its breathtaking architecure
More than just a pretty face, this town packs an historical punch. You will discover how it helped transform Western Europe into the trading center and driving economic power of the continent and how it cradled the Western Renaissance. Marvel at Bruges' breathtaking architecture, which has earned it its nickname of ‘Venice of the North’, and see the echoes of the once thriving economic and cultural hub.
Listen to the stories of Bruges' most significant artists
You will also learn about Bruges’ most significant historical figures, such as Jan van Eyck, who famously painted the Arnolfini Portrait, and the German painter Hans Memling.
Explore Bruges for yourself!
After your walking tour around Brugues, you will have time to wander, relax, take photos, and check out your guide’s top recommendations in this vibrant area. This fantastic experience in Bruges is sure to be one of your highlights of Belgium! Join us on this day trip and let yourself be romanced by this unique town.Read more
The Day Trip to Bruges starts from Brussels, in front of the tower of City Hall on Grand Place/Grote Markt
- See the magnificent Saint-Salvator Cathedral
- Visit the heart of the city; Grote Markt
- Snap a picture with the iconic Belfry of Bruges, a medieval bell tower
- Learn about how Bruges was home to the world’s very first stock exchange
- Stroll down the picturesque canals
- Listen to the tragic romance of Minnewater or ‘the lake of love’
- Walk through the former fortress at Burg Plein
- Visit the final resting place of the Burgundian dukes, Church of Our Good Lady
- Explore the Basilica of the Holy Blood that claims to contain a cloth with the blood of Jesus himself
This tour doesn‘t run today
- Local English-speaking guide
- Train tickets to and from Bruges
- Food and drinks
- No meals are included but your guide will be happy to point you in the direction of some great food spots!
- Please note that if you are doing the tour on a weekday (Mon - Fri), your guide will return to Brussels on the train with you. On Saturdays and Sundays, you can return to Brussels at your own time and convenience
- Wheelchair accessible
- Our business is connecting great guides and smart travelers, and we're proud that so many local guides employ us to welcome travelers like you on their journey through some of the world's best cities. No two tours are alike, and the sites, stories, and length of the tour will vary depending on what your freelance guide decides is best. That's why the tours we promote never get stale or feel scripted, and why both independent guides and savvy travelers prefer SANDEMANs
Amazing Brugge Tour with Maggie and Josy
We had a really nice and interesting tour through Brugge guided by Maggie and Josy. The hole day was such a great experience for me and my friends! We will recommend this tour to our friends and family and are extremely happy that we decide to book this tour. Brugge is such a beautiful city and Maggie showed us the best places and told us really cool facts!
Excellent Day Trip to Bruges - Outstanding Guide
Fraser was our guide on this all day tour and he was an excellent guide. Very knowledgeable and sensitive to our needs as travelers, I definitely felt like we got the most out of our time in Bruges. I would certainly recommend this tour, and Fraser in particular.
Great day trip to Bruges!
Learned quite a bit while having fun. Beautiful city and highly recommend!
Excellent tour of Bruges
We had Senna as our tour guide in Bruges - very good value tour considering a train return would cost you 30 euros normally anyway from Brussels. The town is beautiful and Senna was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Would highly recommend, mixed humour and history very well!See more reviews
We spent an amazing day in Brugge with Laszlo. We learned so much about the town and the history of it, as well as the country! Laszlo was a lot of fun and very knowledgeable. Would recommend this tour to anyone.See more reviews
What is a Select Tour?
Select Tours focus on a particular area or district of a city, a certain aspect of its history or culture, or take you outside the city on a day trip. Select Tours are perfect for those who have enjoyed an introduction to the city and wish to delve deeper into the stories the city has to offer. These tours often venture further afield and make use of local public transport.
As with the Free Tour, Select Tours are provided by local freelance guides in partnership with SANDEMANs NEW Europe, who bring their personal flair and expert knowledge to these specifically themed tours. Select tours have a fixed ticket price - we recommend purchasing your ticket in advance, either during a Free Tour or online.
Delve deeper with themed select tours
- Expert local guides
- Theme specific tours
- Location specific tours
- Full-day and half-day tours on offer
- Affordable prices
WALKING TOURS & ACTIVITIES IN BRUSSELS
- Filter by
- Free Tour
- Select Tour
- Pub Crawl
- Private Tour
Tell us the landmarks, stories or parts of the city you want to see, how long you have to see them and when you want to go, and we’ll build an itinerary that suits you.Get in touch!
2-hour Brussels Highlights Private Tour
Make the most out of your visit and discover Brussels' main attractions with your private tour guide
3-hour Brussels Private City Tour
Enjoy a comprehensive overview of the fascinating history of Brussels and visit all the must-see sit ...
Participation in tours promoted by SANDEMANs NEW Europe is strictly on a voluntary basis. Neither SANDEMANs NEW Europe, nor the self-employed freelance guides who are the providers of the tours promoted by SANDEMANs NEW Europe, will be held responsible in any way for injuries to body or property incurred during tours. The tour guides reserve the right to deny participation in any tour, to any person, for any reason. Thank you for your understanding.