Fantastic guides are passionate about their city and its history, have a knack for storytelling, exceptional presentation skills and the ability to deliver information in an engaging, entertaining manner. Knowledge of the city is a must, as is a genuine interest in sharing this knowledge with others.
We don't believe that prior guiding experience is absolutely necessary – if you are an open, friendly, outgoing person with great communication skills you can train yourself to be a great guide. Prior experience in acting, teaching, performing or making presentations is ideal but not compulsory.
- SANDEMANs NEW Europe only works together with guides who are legally allowed to work in their chosen location.
- Guides must comply with local laws regarding self-employment and registration. You must have the correct visa that allows this kind of work.
- Israel and New York have special licensing laws for tour guides - all guides must be fully qualified.
- Guides should already be established in their city of choice before entering into a working relationship with SANDEMANs NEW Europe.
- Guides should be able to speak the language they are wanting to guide in (English, Spanish or German) at a native level.