SANDEMANs NEW Europe is a dynamic, international company that promotes walking tours around Europe, the Middle East, and the US. We work with hundreds of local freelance guides and employ a talented, driven, multi-lingual team across a network of 20 cities.
The Deputy City Manager provides support for the City Manager in their responsibilities overseeing the daily operations in their city. The Deputy City Manager helps with a broad variety of tasks and has the opportunity to develop their skills and aptitudes across all aspects of the business, from preparing reports and organizing events to managing staff and liaising with partners. Becoming a Deputy City Manager is the first step towards becoming a City Manager, and the role provides the chance to directly impact and develop the operations in the city.
Although prior management experience is beneficial, we particularly look for candidates with the right attitude and drive to succeed. We’re interested in people who are looking for the chance to develop their business and management skills, who have a desire to learn and grow within the organization. We want to hear from applicants who are natural leaders, passionate about their city, love challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and believe in what we do!The role of the Deputy City Manager can include:
What we offer:
- Planning and monitoring of day-to-day operational functions of the city
- Leading, training and supervising the local operations team
- Strengthening and maintaining relations with freelance guide partners
- Performing stock and inventory control
- Organizing and managing events
- Helping prepare reports and presentations
- Providing excellent customer service
- The opportunity to be part of an incredibly diverse workforce, cooperating with employees from around the world and every department of the company
- Training and mentoring opportunities both locally in Amsterdam and in other locations around our network
- Mostly autonomous and highly varied work
- Potential to grow in the company in a number of different areas
- The chance to learn about business in the fast-paced and exciting youth-travel industry