We are currently seeking a talented, driven, highly capable all-rounder to join our operations management team in Seville. The Seville team is responsible for successfully running the operations of their business unit, implementing and developing new business strategies in the city, as well as developing new partnerships to ensure the growth of the business, and the retention and strengthening of existing business partnerships. In addition to this, they oversee a team of staff and are responsible for maintaining excellent relations with freelance tour guides.
We're looking for someone with background in operations, tourism, customer service or team management who will be able to hit the ground running in a Junior Manager role and develop quickly.
The ideal candidate will have the drive and determination to push the business forward over the coming years and will have a passion for Seville and the travel industry.The role will include:
What we’re looking for:
- Developing and implementing new business strategies
- Developing new partnerships within the local tourism marketplace and strengthening existing partnerships
- Ensuring and supervising the smooth running of daily operations
- Managing a team of staff, including responsibility for internal staff development and training
- Maintaining relations with freelance guides, partners and external stakeholders
- Helping prepare monthly, weekly and ad-hoc management reports for the senior management team and providing full analysis of performance data, including budgeting and revenue forecasting.
What we offer:
- Initial experience in managing teams, ideally in the tourism/hostel sector
- Aptitude for business strategy
- Proactive and entrepreneurial thinking
- Excellent people skills and a flair for networking
- Highly developed leadership abilities and hands-on approach
- Competency in MS Office, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Availability for short term international travel
- Excellent organization and time-management skills, ability to work independently
- Fluency in English and Spanish (Native or level C2)
- The chance to travel and learn about business in a wide range of countries in a fast-paced and exciting youth-travel industry
- Training and mentoring opportunities locally in Seville and internationally around our network
- Mostly autonomous and highly varied work
- The opportunity to be part of an incredibly diverse workforce, cooperating with managers and directors from around the world and every department of the company
- Potential to grow in the company in a number of different areas
The ideal candidate will have passion for Seville, the Spanish culture, knowledge of what’s on in the city (culture, events) and have a genuine interest and enthusiasm in customer service. Ideally you will have experience in the tourism/hostel sector and live the SANDEMANs brand.
You will be working in a fun fast paced environment with dynamic people from every corner of the globe!